What does it take to pursue your dream? For Miki Agrawal, it took a catastrophic event that had a direct impact on her work and her life. It woke her up to three goals she had always wanted to achieve. And it led her to become the serial entrepreneur she is today.
Along the way, Miki has been upending industries and winning all kinds of awards, including the Tribeca Film Festival 2013 Disruptive Innovation Award and Forbes 2013 Top 20 Millenials on a Mission. Just this past year, she received the 2015 World Technology Summit Social Entrepreneurship award for her company, THINX, a stain-resistant line of sustainable underwear for women.
In this episode, we talk about:
- the event that prompted Miki to rethink her life
- the wish list that led her to entrepreneurship
- the secret to asking others to participate in your dreams
- how freelance work primed her for working for herself
- how passion and ignorance go a long way in risk taking
- the role trial and error play in building a new product
Miki shares the ways she is disrupting an industry and prioritizing social responsibility. She also talks about her passion for rethinking culture and confronting cultural taboos.
Selected Links to Topics Mentioned