We all want to do meaningful work that gives our lives purpose and lets us be creative. And yet, the very tools that help us stay organized and connected can cause the kind of distractions that erode time spent on meaningful work.
Jocelyn Glei, bestselling author and editor of Manage Your Day-to-Day, Founding Editor-in-Chief and Director of Behance’s 99U and the 99U Conference, talks about this and more in this episode. And she helps us rethink what we know about creativity, meaningful work, and happiness.
In this episode, we talk about:
- why creative work is so important
- how being busy can distract us from doing work that matters
- the creative rituals and routines that result in more meaningful work
- why we need to redesign and manage our relationship with technology
- the positive roles of productive procrastination and anxiety in creative, meaningful work
- short-term happiness versus long-term purpose and meaning
Selected Links to Topics Mentioned