These are questions Wharton Professor, Jonah Berger, answers in his bestselling book, Contagious: Why Things Catch On. In this fascinating interview, he explains his six-part framework and discusses the behaviors that drive us to make certain ideas, products, and services contagious.
In this episode you will learn:
- how to apply these techniques to your own work
- what made the video for a seemingly humdrum product – a blender – go viral
- which emotions drive us to share and which ones do not
- what makes us spread the word for free
- why you might suffer from the curse of knowledge and how you can avoid it
- the critical difference between social media and word of mouth
Jonah also gives us a peek into his upcoming book on all the ways social influence drives our behavior. Fascinating stuff!
Links to Topics Mentioned in this Podcast