In this groundbreaking new book, The Gratitude Diaries: How a Year Looking on the Bright Side Can Transform Your Life, Janice Kaplan explains the science behind the power of gratitude. The author of twelve books, including The New York Times bestselling memoir, I will See you Again, Janice was an award-winning producer at ABC-TV Good Morning America, Executive Producer of the TV Guide Television Group, and Editor-in-Chief of Parade Magazine.
In this episode, Janice explains the surprising, counterintuitive connection between gratitude and happiness. She also shares simple steps we can take today to increase the amount of gratitude we express and how doing it can change your life.
In this episode, you will learn:
- how a mindset of gratitude gives us control over our own happiness
- simple steps you can take to express gratitude right now with family and friends
- the mental and physical health benefits of practicing gratitude
- the connection between gratitude and experiences over stuff
- the importance of gratitude at work, and how it can drive purpose and ambition
- how gratitude gets us beyond the comparison game
- the differences between intentional and reactive gratitude
- how gratitude plays an important role in rebounding from life tragedies
- the power of a gratitude diet
- how we have so much more control over our happiness than we think
Links to Topics Discussed